Written by Shirley T
Wednesday, 29 February 2012 00:00
Flower arrangements tutorials on how to arrange flowers
Good news for flower arrangements enthusiasts, this post is dedicated to you, comprising a summary of all mywisewife.com's tutorials on how to arrange flowers from A-Z. For the benefit of new readers, over dozens of flower arrangements tutorials are offered on mywisewife.com for free, guiding you step by step, equipped with well-illustrated with pictures and smart tips.
Flower arrangements is a fun thing to do. To create a charming design however demands more than creativity, it also requires you to learn some basic theory and gather some essential flower arranging supplies plus tools (that you can find on a separate post).
To serve as pointers for beginners, it is great to start by getting to know about the material. Roses, peonies, hydrangeas, stargazers lilies and football chrysanthemums - these names are no stranger to you, right? They are commonly used as the focal flowers, serving as the mains to grab people's attention in the flower arrangements. To identify your focal flowers, supporting flowers, fillers and line materials, run through the tutorials on western style or classic designs i.e. Round CenterPiece, Long CenterPiece, L-Shape and Triangular flower arrangements. These topics also touch on how to pick colors of your flowers so that they are in harmony or contrast, perfectly matching the atmosphere or occasions. Practice, repeat as many times as you like with different flowers and before you know it, you have mastered the how to arrange flowers!
To move on your journey to compose flower arrangements like a pro, get your hands to work on creative designs. Engaged in wedding flower arrangements or bridal arrangements, offer yourself to make wedding centerpieces or wedding bouquets for friends or relatives - this is best ground to show off your new talent, at the same time get motivated. Plus, a shower of compliments and applause! Get your contact ready to pass around if you intend to establish your new business . Unlike the main element in classic designs whereby the position of flowers go by a basic set of rules, creative flower arrangements ideas emphasize balance through asymmetrical arrangements. To begin on creative design, work on a few basic creative designs as follows to get a feel of it.
Creative Flower Arrangements
1. Basic Creative - resembling a little of long centerpiece but serves only 2-D, perfect to place on low shelves to walls.
2. Garden Style - playing a lot with fresh flowers, in fact an opportunity to cut some from your garden. Great attention-getter for your garden party or kid's birthday celebration.
3. Twins Style - Despite the same says 'double', look at how asymmetrical design does an amazing trick!
4. Fruits Basket Arrangements - also goes well with goodies, gift boxes, chocolates and little furry stuff.
Next, uncover your creative side of you and go for more unique designs. Get more on flower arrangement ideas for all occasions through out the year on the following tutorials. Every post that are linked here are
guiding you step by step on flower arrangements, illustrated with flower arrangement pictures and basic theory.
5. Create animal designs with flowers. A poodle or a phoenix? You pick it and get your pet a surprise to see its better half!
Unique Flower Arrangements
Year Round Celebrations
6. February is the month of love in the air, make Valentine's Day Flower Arrangements for Special Someone. Do it to express your love and enthusiasm.
7. Chinese/Lunar New Year Flower Arrangements includes auspicious red stuff, Lucky bamboo, firecrackers or more.
8. Mother's Day. Carnation and Mums are the flower for mommy! Get them together and compose a beautiful design for this special person in your life!
9. Father's Day denotes the celebration for King of the Castle!
10. Eid Mubarak/Hari Raya Puasa Festival Flower Arrangements
11. Not forgetting the last of each year, Flower Arrangements for Christmas - add red flowers and green foliage to your white Christmas, with a box of gift and a teddy!
12. Flower Arrangements for Weddings with a pair of cute bears and heart shaped design!
13. Flower Arrangements for Birthdays - Make it special with lily and orchids.
14. Flower arrangement ideas for House Warming?
16. Promotion, New Chapter of Life or Congratulatory Flower Arrangements
Flower is an expression of love. Even just to cheer someone up, learning how to arrange flowers is worth. Get great flower arrangements ideas and flower arrangement pictures to start, flowers certainly bring smiles on the faces!
Did not find what you are looking for? Do a search...
(Type what you are looking for in the textbox below)
Flower Arrangement Series
Like flowers, want to get creative? Step by step with images on how to design what you always wanted.
Need itinerary of a week? Attractions in Bangkok, Ayutthaya, Floating Market, Kanchanaburi...
Big Bend US National Park (Texas)
From canyons, rivers, basins to mountains, a journey into wilderness!
Spring in Tokyo
Hanami and Sakura at Ueno, Akibahara, Imperial Palace, Sensoji Temple, Ameyoko Shopping Street...
The Best of Taipei
Our stories at Yangmingshan, Yehliu, Keelung, Jinshan, Danshui, Taipei...
Live, Do, Eat, Sleep in Texas
4 Seasons experience in The Lone Star state; hopping Austin, Blanco, Corpus Christi, Dallas, Fredericksberg, Houston, New Braunfels, San Antonio, Terlingua, Vanderpool, Waco & more